VS1000 single-chip stand-alone audio codec, which supports the license-free Ogg Vorbis format.
VS1000 is a system-on-a-chip (SoC), suitable for various control and audio applications. It contains a high-performance low-power DSP core VSDSP4, NAND Flash interface, full speed USB port, general purpose I/O pins, SPI, UART, as well as a high-quality variable-sample-rate stereo DAC, and an earphone amplifier and a common voltage buffer. VS1000 firmware implements a default player that reads and plays files from NAND FLASH. The player can be customized or replaced by boot from NAND FLASH or SPI memory. When connected to USB, the firmware implements USB Mass Storage Device protocol or acts as an audio device, providing a single-chip USB headphone application. The integrated EarSpeaker spatial processing provides more natural sound in headphone listening conditions. It widens the stereo image and positions the sound sources outside the listener’s head.
Users can write their own user interface or signal processing code for the VS1000 using VSIDE (VLSI Solution’s Integrated Development Environment).
- Low-power operation
- Single input voltage: Internal voltage regulation for analog, digital, and I/O power
- Operates with a single 12 MHz clock
- Internal PLL clock multiplier
- Power button pin, software-controlled power-off
- USB Full Speed hardware
- NAND FLASH interface with ECC
- I/O for user interface
- High-quality on-chip stereo DAC with no phase error between channels
- Stereo earphone driver capable of driving a 30 Ω load
- RoHS-compliant package LQFP48
- Low cost - high performance Ogg Vorbis player
- Audio guide
- Interactive audio game
- Audio bible
- Audio book
- Door bell
- Interactive toy