VLSI: VS1053B USB HiFi Player
VS1053B USB multi-format music player with OLED Display
The VS1053 USB HiFi Player is a cost-efficient, multi-format music player with high speed USB interface and OLED display. Music files are stored either on an SD/SDHC card or on-board FLASH memory.
It can play back music in MP3, WMA, AAC, HEAAC, Ogg Vorbis, Flac, MIDI and WAV format. A single VS1053B DSP chip is used for audio decoding and the user interface. The USB interface is provided by a generic USB SD card reader IC. Functionality of the VS1053 USB HiFi Player can be customized by reprogramming the boot EEPROM. Application source code is available for customization purposes for free. The firmware supports OLED, STN LCD and TFT LCD displays.
- Multi-format "MP3" media player that uses a single VS1053b
- Very versatile: plays .MP3, .OGG, .AAC, .M4A, .WMA, .WAV, .IMA, .MID and potentially also .FLAC
- Excellent sound quality: over 90 dB dynamic range for playback
- Plays music from SD/SDHC/MMC cards (over 2 GB cards also supported)
- Headphone / Line Out for playback
- Built-in mono microphone for voice recording (firmware support not yet available)
- OLED Display (can be replaced with compatible LCD or used without display)
- High-Speed USB (480 Mbit/s)
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery charged through USB
- Eight push-buttons
- Low component count
- Low BOM
- New features can be added by the customer because full source code for the VS1053 player application is available for free!
- VS1053 USB HiFi Player
- Memory card
- USB cable