W&T: Com-Server ++
Com-Server ++ with RS232/RS422/RS485 and Ethernet interface
The Com-Server ++ by Wiesemann & Theis facilitates the integration of any serial device that features an RS232, RS422 or RS485 interface into networks via a TCP/IP-Ethernet connection. The device is configured via a web browser or Telnet over the network.
The following operating modes are available for the Com-Server ++:
The COM Port Redirector that is available for Windows installs virtual COM ports on your PC and redirects them to a Com server.
When set to box-to-box mode, two COM servers link the connected devices via a stable TCP/IP connection.
The TCP-/UDP socket communication mode enables the direct communication with the Com server’s serial port via TCP or UDP.
When operating as an FTP client or server, data can be transferred between almost all operating systems.
The multipoint mode transmits serial data to up to six network participants simultaneously.
Configurable packaging options prevent timeouts in the serial dataflow and ensure the transfer of datagrams in a network package.
The Com-Server ++ features a switchable RS232/RS422/RS485 interface and an Ethernet interface. The device can be mounted on DIN rails and is powered by an external 24-48 V power adaptor or via PoE.
- RS232/RS422/RS485 interface, switchable
- Ethernet 10/100BaseT interface
- Screw clamp input, 12-48 V DC
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
- Plastic housing for DIN rail mounting
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 0.9 x 2.9 in (105 x 22 x 75 mm)
- WuTility Management tool
- Web based management
- Control sockets from applications
- Windows COM redirection
- Box-to-box mode, optional TLS encryption
- TCP server sockets from application
- OPC server
- FTP client / server
- Telnet client / server
- UDP peer
- Com-Server ++ (no accessories)