VLSI: VS1053 Simple DSP Board
Simple VS1053 board for DSP applications.
The VS1053 Simple DSP Board is a small, low-cost and high performance audio DSP board for the VS1053 audio codec IC from VLSI Solution. It is meant to be used in DSP software development and as a plug-in module in electronic applications.
The VS1053 Simple DSP Board has two rows of pin headers, one on each edge of the board. One edge has digital connections for connecting to a serial port or to an SPI port. This can be used to interface the board with a PC and VSIDE or a host microcontroller. The other edge has analog connections featuring Line In, Line Out and Headphone Out. Line In and Line Out are AC-coupled and can be connected directly to other audio circuits.
The board has necessary power supplies, four LEDs and a button for the user interface. A boot EEPROM is included so that application software and also sound samples can be stored on the board.
- VS1053 DSP processor
- MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, OGG, WAV, MIDI decoding
- AT25DF041A or equivalent 4 megabit SPI boot flash
- Single 5V input, LDO linear regulators for CVDD, AVDD and IOVDD
- 1 push-button and 4 LEDs for user interface
- 26-pin header for signals, including stereo line in, line out and headphone out
- UART connections for debug interface, SPI control/data bus for microcontroller
- Easily integrated to custom PCB for rapid application development
- Hi-Fi quality audio performance
- Supported by VSIDE development tools
- VS1053 Simple DSP Board