VLSI: VS1005 Amp Board
Developer Board with Class-D amp for the development of software for VS1005 audio chips
The VS1005 Amp Board is an application development board for VS1005 audio chips. It features a class D amplifier that can be connected to a set of stereo speakers or individually driven speaker elements of one speaker directly.
The PCB features XLR and RCA inputs with firmware-controllable voltage range select (input gain). The USB connection can be used for firmware updates and to adjust parameters. The microSD socket can be used to exchange data and for firmware updates. An exemplary firmware version is preinstalled.
The Amp Board also features eight LEDs and four buttons that serve as the user interface. Additional interfaces and peripherals, such as IR receiver, microphone, UART, I2S, FM radio antenna can be installed easily, using the available mounting holes and solder points.
The shipment does not include a power supply. We recommend using a standard isolated laptop DC power supply, such as 12V/2A or 20V/90W.
- 8 LEDs and 4 buttons for user interface
- Analog XLR input and stereo RCA input with firmware-controllable voltage range select (input gain)
- Amplifier output for speakers or speaker elements (2x40W to 8Ohm load, 2x70W to 4Ohm load, bridged mode possible 1x135W to 2Ohm load)
- Coaxial digital input and output
- USB connection for firmware update and/or parameter adjustments
- microSD socket for audio data, updates, data exchange, etc.
- Supply Voltage from 7V to 26V (dc)
- Mounting holes, Solder points for additional interfaces and peripherals, such as IR receiver, microphone, UART, I2S, FM radio antenna
- Supports VS1005, VS1205 and VS8005 devices
- Open source VSOS kernel and device drivers, and example firmware
- Supported by VSIDE development tools
- VS1005 Amp Board
- VSIDE USB UART cable
- MicroSD card